
President Trump is planning to launch a second, smaller coronavirus task force this week primarily tailored to counter the economic effects of the coronavirus pandemic.
The task force will be comprised of a combination of senior executives from the private sector and the government, including staff chief Mark Meadows, Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, and national economic advisor Larry Kudlow, a senior official said.
Mark Meadows is expected to lead the task force, although there has been no official announcement, two senior officials in the administration said.
The economic task force will concentrate on how to rebuild the economy and what companies will need to recover from disastrous circumstances.
The new task-force is not expected to meet everyday unlike the main task force and is supposed to have a more casual atmosphere, with many of the meetings happening over the internet.
The announcement may come as early as this week, although initial arrangements to announce a second task force earlier this week were in progress within the West Wing, and those ended up being postponed.
After originally setting an Easter deadline, which falls this year on April 12, to reopen the country, the president eventually moved the timeline back to April 30, amid powerful public health officials pushing for it. Yet he remained deeply committed to reopening the economy and openly talked about a second task force based on this goal.