Apple claims there is no evidence that the Apple mail exploit was used against customers

silver iPhone X

On Thursday, Apple announced that they discovered “no evidence” that a flaw has been used against users of its email program for iPhones and iPad users, and claims that the vulnerability does ” not pose an immediate risk to our users.”

On Wednesday, ZecOps, a San Francisco based security company, revealed a bug they claimed may have left more than half a billion iPhones vulnerable to hackers.

Avraham said he uncovered evidence that the flaw had been targeted by an attacker as far back as January 2018 although, he wasn’t able to determine who was behind the attack.

Currently, Avraham has not provided any evidence to support these claims.

On Wednesday, Apple addressed the flaw that existed in its iPhone and iPad email apps, known as the Mail app, and announced that they had created a patch that would be implemented in a forthcoming update to millions of smartphones.

Apple said in a statement:

“We have thoroughly investigated the researcher’s report and, based on the information provided, have concluded these issues do not pose an immediate risk to our users,”

“The researcher identified three issues in Mail, but alone they are insufficient to bypass iPhone and iPad security protections, and we have found no evidence they were used against customers.”

Design a site like this with WordPress.com
Get started
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close