
Hong Kong has registered its first cases of coronavirus transmitted locally in over two weeks, further fueling concern about its lockdown as coronavirus prevention measures are relaxed.
On Sunday, the Center for Health Protection confirmed that two reported cases of coronavirus were being investigated, raising the number of confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country 1,085. Currently, four people have died from the disease in Hong Kong.
The global financial hub last recorded a case that had been spread locally on May 14 when a 62-year-old man with no travel background had been infected with COVID-19.
The two latest cases included a woman, 34, and a male, 56. During the incubation or infectious period, neither had a travel history, the Health Protection Centre said, adding that contract tracing was already underway.
As reported by Broadcaster, RTHK, the woman, 34, worked at a Kerry Logistics warehouse in Kwai Chung district, at which she labeled food items imported from the United Kingdom.
Two colleagues, who fell ill about a month ago, tested positive for COVID-19, and authorities are investigating whether the warehouse where one of the patients works indicates a new cluster of infections, RTHK said, citing the Centre for Health Protection.
Approximately 25 warehouse staff and three medical personnel who treated one of the patients are being quarantined for 14 days.