Donald Trump transferred to military hospital following a positive COVID-19 test

Photo Credit: NASA/Bill Ingalls / Public domain

On Friday, following a positive COVID-19 test, President Donald Trump was transferred to Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, Maryland, for treatment just 17 hours after announcing the positive diagnosis.

Trump was transferred to the hospital via an awaiting helicopter outside.

Kayleigh McEnany, White House press secretary, said that for protective reasons, Trump would remain in a specialized suite in the hospital for the coming days.

McEnany said in a statement:

“Out of an abundance of caution, and at the recommendation of his physician and medical experts, the President will be working from the presidential offices at Walter Reed for the next few days,”

Previously on Thursday, Trump announced that he and Melania Trump had tested positive for COVID-19 and said he would be going into quarantine following the news.

As a result of his age and weight, Trump is at high risk of contracting COVID-19.

The announcement follows reports that earlier on Thursday, a top adviser for Trump had tested positive for COVID-19.

Despite advice from public health experts against hosting events with huge crowds, Trump, who is routinely screened for the virus, has repeatedly organized rallies with thousands of individuals in the past weeks.

Leave a comment

Design a site like this with WordPress.com
Get started
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close